We're looking at how to combine our multiple Jira instances and move from Server to Cloud. We currently have a cloud Jira Service Management instance, which people from our customers access as Customer users (i.e. using the portal only). We have a server Jira Core instance, which customers access as full users. Some of the customers are the same as those people who use Jira Service Management.
I'm trying to decide between migrating the Jira Core users to Jira Work Management under the same URL as Jira Service Management, or setting up a new URL and keeping the two separate.
If I combined them, and I had a user with portal access to Jira Service Management AND full user access to Jira Work Management, but on different Jira projects, what would my experience be like? Will it get too complicated, with people getting stuck in parts of Jira they don't want to be in?