I want to set my rule to add the Next unreleased version instead of setting it to the Next unreleased version but I dont know what the field name is called. This is what I'm envisioning:
Hi @Lynne Robinson
If I understand your use case, you want to add the Next Unreleased Version to fixVersion in addition to any current values in fixVersion. Is that correct? If so...
Short version: you cannot do that without a work-around
Longer version:
JQL knows about Next Unreleased Version for queries, and rules know about that value for field edits, but the issue fields know nothing about other versions/releases: only their current values.
One work-around would be:
Kind regard,Bill
Thank you @Bill Sheboy for the workaround! Your steps worked perfectly and my fixVersions are now exactly what I needed. Appreciate the help!
Awesome! I am glad to learn that helped, Lynne.
I know it's an old post, but how did you add the saved values with the JSON format?I'm trying things like{
"update": {
"fixVersions": {{origVersions.name.asJsonObjectArray("name")}}
}
which is not correct because it's missing the "add" verb. how can this be done?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.