I have a manually triggered rule set up that I can use to clone an issue from one board to another (other, automatic rules keep the clones in sync, but one board is visible to my client and the other is for development team). The rule has been working for over a year with a few tweaks over time. The rule was last successfully run on 2 Dec. Today (7 Dec) I tried to run the rule,and am seeing odd behaviour.
I click the run button on the story. The rule appears on the list of previous rules affecting this story with a spinning/working icon. After a second or two, the rule and spinner disappear from the list, and when I look in the manual rule drop down, the rule is no longer listed there.
I can still see the rule in the Global rules screen, and can view the audit log. However there is no record of any of my (multiple) attempts to run the rule on this story. No runs are listed since 2 Dec. I tried making the rule available to a bigger group and then to everyone. These config changes show up in the audit log, and the rule reappears in the manual list for the story on refresh, but the behaviour is the same.
I have made no other changes to the rule in months (confirmed by audit log) and am unaware of any changes to either project or our Jira config. Please help! Duplicating and syncing stories manually is a huge time sync!