I'm having an issue with blocking everyone to edit an issue except for the 'Automation for Jira" user.
On a specific status I have the workflow property set to disallow editing of the issue when the user is not the Automation user. (it used to be just deny all but then the Automation user also failed).
According to the documentation this should be possible using a workflow property:
jira.permission.edit.user=<username of the user>
Now this seems to be where it goes wrong. What excactly is the username of the 'Automation for Jira' user?
I've tried with:
- Automation for Jira
- com.codebarrel.addons.automation@connect.atlassian.com
- the accountid which I found when setting a filter
None of them seem to work and my automation rule is still blocked. When I remove the property it works fine but then of course everybody can edit.
Any ideas?
edit: seems I was able to allow it by using jira.permission.edit.projectrole=10500 where 10500 is the atlassian-addons-project-access role.
Not the cleanest but seems to work!