I don't believe this is possible with the native integrations between Zendesk and JIRA, so I guess I'm looking for the best 3rd party application that will allow us to add an internal comment on ALL linked Zendesk tickets when the JIRA has one of its custom fields change, rather than only being able to do so when the Status field changes.
We're not able to change our Status workflow. Basically, after a JIRA has been set to Done, another field called Release will get updated once the code change from the fix has been pushed out to our clients.
We want our support agents to get updates in the Zendesk ticket when the custom field 'Release' is updated; the fix is in the testing environment (e.g. Release = "UAT") or when it hits the live environment (e.g. Release = "PROD").
We want to avoid sending emails to people because they never read them, and if they're in the ticket the other people looking at the ticket can see the latest updates.