I would like to add a rule that all subtasks must be done before a story can be marked as done. Right now, it seems I can only set rules on a specific items fields. Is this possible?
Hello @Jesse Pauley
Welcome to the community.
Are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?
Are you trying to modify the workflow or create an Automation Rule?
Hi Trudy
Thank you.
I am working with a Team Managed project.
I am trying to modify the workflow, but I would take any solution.
According to the following post it is not possible to set up a workflow rule for this in a Team Managed project. But it is possible to force the parent story back to an In Progress status using Automation rules. This doesn't actually prevent the change, just undoes it after the fact.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-prevent-issues-from-being-closed-while-the-sub-tasks-are/qaq-p/1791675
Credit to @Chris Buzon
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.