Hello,
I'm using two fields to track work using Story Points and Story point estimate. I'm using Stories as my parent level of work, and then subtasks beneath them. A Story Point value is assigned to each subtask. Then as development is completed, the Story point estimate is updated to reflect how many story points you estimate have been completed. I'm running an automation to then figure out a percentage complete
When: value changes for Story Points, Story point estimate
Then: Edit issue fields PercentDone {{#=}}({{issue.Story point estimate}} / {{issue.Story Points}}) * 100{{/}}
This works fine.
I've also got automations that "bubble up" the sum of all Story points and story point estimates to the parent issue (The main story). This also works fine.
The problem I'm running into is that the main Story, the Percent Done is not getting recalculated when I update a sub task's values. The value's are bubbling up, but the precent done doesn't change. If I go back to the main Story, and change the values directly, the Percent Done calculation triggers and works just fine.
In other words, the "Percent Done" is automation is only triggering if I go into the issue and manually change the values. It doesn't change if the values are change by another automation.
Any ideas how I could get around this?