Hi guys.My goal: have a template for QAs when they create bug in JIRA.I tried Automation to do this:When: issue createdThen: edit field "description"I have 2 problems:1. When is not specified for issue type.2. Description is updated when your created -> closed -> opened ticket. Which could bring overwriting info in description when ticket on the first step (created).How can I resolve this?
Hello @[deleted]
This scenario can be approached in the following manner:
But, please note the automation is run only after the issue has been created, so the description would be overwritten. This can be limited to update only if the user has left the description blank if that suits your use case.
If you wish to display some pre-default text, you can set it up in the description field and limit it using context.
Alternatively, you can check the marketplace for some relevant plugins.
Hi @Gaurav It is not quite clear for me "If you wish to display some pre-default text, you can set it up in the description field and limit it using context."How can I do this?
In order to do this, you will need the system administrator privileges.
Could you please say where exactly I can do this if I have those?
Does anyone have an answer to this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.