Hi everyone,
I'm struggling to find an automation that lets me sum up a numeric value of a custom field from epic to 'initiative' and higher.
Background:
- We have a hierarchy level of issue types by using the advanced roadmaps (screenshot 1). Goal>Theme>Initiative>Epic
- Epics are in three projects and Goals, Themes, and Initiatives are in a separate project
What I did:
- I added a custom field (numeric field) called 'Original Estimate (SH)' with the default 0
- I changed all values for the field of existing issues to 0
- I added a global automation (screenshot 2)
- Trigger: field vaule changed: 'Original Estimate (SH)'
- Branch rule/ related issues: Parent
- Action: edit issue- field: Original Estimate (SH)
{{triggerissue.Original Estimate (SH)}} + {{issue.Original Estimate (SH)}}
Problem:
The branch rule 'parent' is not working because it only works for sub-tasks (?). (It works if I put in 'linked issues' and manually create a relation between the epic and initiative. But this would require a lot of manual work for me)
Question:
Is there a branch rule or any other way that lets me sum a field value up the issue type hierarchy?

