Hi all,
We are using a custom date field ("End date") and would like to create an automation that will update a parent's date when one of its son-issues end dates are updated beyond the current parent's date.
There's a clear explanation for this use case here - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/How-to-automatically-set-the-issue-due-date-based-on-subtask-due/qaq-p/1773494 but I can't seem to find the correct JQL for the If comparison (step 3), due to the fact I'm using a custom field.
I've attached the current comparison I'm doing (not working well...), after I tried various JQL options.
Would love your insights here...
Thanks!
Hi @Pini.Matzner welcome on the community
Can you share your complete automation so I can play with it a little? Screenshot is Ok for me...
Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ , thanks! I really appreciate it.
Attaching a screenshot of the flow. Let me know if you need more clarification.
I also tried other variations for the If part, such as "triggerissue.End date[Date]" > "End date[Date]", but I didn't seem to make it work correctly.
Hi @Pini.Matzner so I played with it a little and I think you can use similar condition:
Thanks @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
The "If" part works well now, but I'm struggling with updating the End date of the parent issue...
I've tried two potential solutions here:
both failed, with the same error message, stating that it found multiple fields with the same name and type...
Any idea how I can update the parent's End date (again, a custom field) based on the trigger issue?
@Pini.Matzner you need to first select you Parent (branch) and set the value from Trigger issue:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.