Hi everyone.
I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction or share some of your experience around this topic.
We have a number of different solution manager / development functions with their own backlog and governance using Jira Software. I think I still want to manage the actual technical change activity with Jira Service Management so that we have a single change calendar of work being applied to production.
Do any of you have similar setups? How do you manage change between Jira Software and Service Management?
One of the considerations I have is that our development functions will still likely need to interact with our non-licenced customers to clarify details or get further information and I want the reporter or other non-licenced users to be able to track the status of their change request.
One of the ways I was thinking of handling this is having 3 linked records:
- (Service Request in JSM) Request for change
- Create a bug / feature request in the relevant teams backlog
- (Epic / Story in Software Backlog) Bug / Feature Request
- Team declines / schedules the build + testing
- (IT Change in JSM)
- CAB approves the release to production
I'm not sure if this would work well from a user visibility perspective?
I hope you can help and share some of your use cases / guidance around this.
Many thanks,
Dave