Hello Atlassian community,
I've noticed one of my Jira instances is having an issue on separate workflows across separate issuetypes where it randomly loses the workflow entry state. I have to now run the integrity checker to "check that workflow entry states are correct". This particular instance has a lot of consumers with a lot of tickets being created daily. These tickets sit in limbo. My question is where is the culprit area that is mostly commonly seen that causes this to occur? Sometimes it happens when the customer creates their first issue, sometimes it happens when their child task spawn. Again, no consistency on the workflow because we have different workflows and I've seen it occur on multiple ones. Our 3 most heavily used plugins for this instance is ProForma, Automation for Jira, and ScripRunner. Could it be one of those or is there another plugin that has been known to cause this?
If there isn't a clear answer has anyone crafted up a clever way to monitor if this happens? I have tried running a reindex on every issue that is created (because I have noticed the issue becomes unusable) but this doesn't seem to be working.