hey,
my idea is to sent a reminder to the reporter when a date in a custom field is close by:
I could use the available "lookup issue" function combined with "send mail"
what works: The Email which will be sent contains the issue key & URL
what is missing: data from custom fields

Therefore I am trying to use the branching in J4A using JQL search
The automation should find 1 issue based on the JQL used in the branching just to get access to the custom fields and then use the "send email" function again.
However the automation does not even get triggered - tested by adding a comment:
It is not that important what the JQL itself is as you will see in the screenshot it is a valid query and at least 1 issue is found (as expected! )

any idea what I am doing wrong or does basically this way not work