Hi John,
The data format for description needs to be in the Atlassian document format if using the rest API in cloud. You can see an example on the following page:
https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/creating-a-jira-cloud-issue-in-a-single-rest-call/
Try using that format in postman. Trying the format you are using in cloud gives the following error on my test
"Operation value must be an Atlassian Document (see the Atlassian Document Format)"
Also are you trying this on a company managed project (classic) or a team managed project (Next-gen) ? and what API endpoint are you using /rest/api/2 or /rest/api/3
3 is in beta and supports the Atlassian document format. 2 would accept the format you have
Thanks, I think it is classic, I tried with the Atlassian document format and I still get the same issue on api/3.
{
"fields": {
"summary": "JL - Test",
"issuetype": {
"id": "10052"
},
"project": {
"key": "SOCALERT"
"description": {
"type": "doc",
"version": 1,
"content": [
"type": "paragraph",
"text": "This is the description.",
"type": "text"
}
]
I have changed from api/3 to api/2 and changed auth from API to basic and now it is working as expected. I guess I had something wrong somewhere.
This was very useful. Did the trick for me... In case it helps anybody else:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.