Our old IT dir left the organization. I tried recycling his acct for another user but that doesn't seem to work. I'd like to simply del his old acct but I get a message saying that I can't del an acct with org/site permissions even though my acct has org/site admin permissions. Plz advise. Thanks.
Hi Jean,
You need to remove the Org rights first, then you should be able to delete.
Here is how to remove the Org rights:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/How-To-Guide-Removing-a-Jira-Cloud-Site-Admin/ba-p/1732624#M4816
Thanks for the advice. I was able to remove admin/org rights to the acct but I don't see an option now to del the acct. I was able to revoke access. How do we del the acct? Thanks.
Is there a reason it has to be deleted? And not just left as deactivated?
Is your organization a managed org?
Do you use Atlassian Access?
If you click on the 3 dots menu while in the user details, do you see Remove user?
I guess we don't really need to del the acct but to keep stuff clean, we like to remove stale accts. I found the correct 3 dots. I was able to del the acct. Thanks a lot for all the help. Yeah Community!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.