I recently fixed our Workflows to properly resolve tickets in the Done status as outlined here https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html#:~:text=The%20%22Resolution%22%20field%20is%20an,have%20to%20manage%20your%20workflow.
All tickets in done status since the change are now showing resolved.
Every ticket prior was not changed and show up on the following filter:statuscategory = Done and resolution is EMPTY
How can we put these tickets into resolved state based on the date they were moved to the Done status?
Hi @Michael Carvajal and welcome to the community!
Unfortunately you can't do that. Resolution date will always be set on the date a particular issue has been resolved. E.g. if you bulk move them today to done, then the resolution date will be set to today.
Thank you for the reply.All the tickets in question are already in the done status. I assume I would have to mass move them to a different status and then move them back to done to trigger the proper resolution.
I will have to let them stay in that unresolved status as a large amount of tickets resolved today will throw off reporting for a long while.Thanks again.
If all tickets are to the done status, but you hadn't set the resolution automatically (and none of them has a resolution), then you have to bulk change and set a resolution. However, this means that the resolution date will be the date you made this bulk change.
@Alex Koxaras -Relational- I fixed the transition to done in the workflow but did not make any changes to the ones in the unresolved state.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.