Trying to setup an automation rule to send an email when the reporter's email matches a certain mail server. For instance, senders with only "@gmail.com" will receive the auto-response email.
Hi App Support
You should be able to do something with smart values and the text manipulation features with automation for Jira. e.g
use an if: Compare two values condition and then use smart value to compare the domain part of the email
@{{issue.reporter.emailAddress.substringAfter("@)}} equals gmail.com
Thank you for your response. I am not familiar with Smart Values. I will look into it and check if that works.
No Problem,
There is a KB about smart values which is a good start:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-smart-values/
The rule in the UI would looks like this
Hi there,
Thank you! Yes I tried the same, except in the send email I selected reporter instead of initiator until the last try yesterday I included initiator along with reporter and I let it be and then I get an email notification this morning when I checked that the rule failed with an error. I am digging into that error now. Somehow I am not getting the auto-response email in my inbox though.
I will keep troubleshooting
Thank you for your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.