I am trying to set up an web hook / automation to create a new issue when an existing issue is transition. When I couldn't get this to work I changed the automation to just add a single comment however this still failed with errors. I have checked some documentation and videos and have no idea where I am going wrong and i can't even trigger the webhook correctly
EDIT: The issue I am trying to create is in a different Jira Project
- Settings | System | Webook | Create a webhook
- Got the URL did not tick ANY of the related events (so I assume this will trigger on anything)
- Save
- Settings | System | Automation Rules | Create rule
- Rule Details
Scope : All projects
Checked Allow rule trigger
Notify on error : email rule owner every time this rule fail
Save - When : Incoming Webhook
URL : Used address from above created webbook
Execute this automation with : * Issues provided in the webhook POST body
Save - Then : Add comment to issue
Comment : Test Comment
According to the automation, I should now be able to trigger the web hook from a web browse by entering something like
https://automation.atlassian.com/pro/hooks/<webhook ID>?issue=TEST-1
(Where the project prefix is TEST)
When I call that URL however and check the Automation Log it shows me an error that just says : "Incoming web hook : No Issues from the web hook"
I have also tried triggering this web hook from a transition in a one of my workflows but it does not seem to trigger at all
Any assistance would be appreciated