REST API URL - https://company.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue
I am trying to tag user while raising an issue via JIRA REST API v3 but as shown in the below image, it is displayed as raw text itself instead of tagging the actual user
Please suggest workaround how i can tag a user using the rest api.Thanks!
Hi @Sai Avinash Duddupudi
There is an open suggestion to add mention-capability to the REST API: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-20926
Kind regards,Bill
@Bill Sheboy so, user mentioning can't be done via JIRA rest api because in the above link it was mentioned to use JetBrains plugins?
In their post, they seemed to indicate it was possible based on permissions; yet I didn't find which method/end point they used. Perhaps if you post a comment to that issue the author will state what they actually tried.
Perhaps more useful...I did find another community post which says this is possible using the Atlassian Document Format (ADF) I mentioned in your other question. Please look here for that thread response from Atlassian. The poster indicated this worked as recently as November 2019.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Rest-API-v3-Add-Mention-to-Comment/qaq-p/1213708
The format you used is possible via v2. Mentioning users via v3 is done via its own node in ADF. However, I think for your use case simplify things by using v2.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.