Hi everyone,
we have the following issue:
We are working as a support to another company that has their own ticketing system.
When they send email it creates a new ticket which is fine. We reply to them, then when we get response it creates a new ticket.
What is happening? Let's dive in.
Their system creates a ticket with a subject: I have issue [Ticket #123]
When reply is sent from Jira subject looks like this: JIRA_ID-567 I have issue [Ticket #123]
Their system ignores subject changes and on next reply from their system we have again original subject: I have issue [Ticket #123]
And it creates a new ticket each time they reply.
I have found that there is a way to check for jira ticket number in-reply-to headers of email but can't find more info about it or how to set it up. Could someone help and share some info about it?
Thanks