I'd like to create a Country picker for my Lead Management board (business leads).
I need a drop-down picker with a single choice, preferably with a "search as you type" option, as there are 196 countries, currently...
Hi all! The csv import option is VERY easy and I've used for all my long, long select lists rather then inputting 1x1. For country these are the steps I took:
Have you attempted to create a single select custom field? Assuming this is a CMP just create a custom build a type of single select and unfortunately add all of your countries in there One of the time
Hi Adi,
Go to Settings > Issue > Custom Fields and create a new field with the type of Select List (Single choice).
Then you can add a context for your JWM project and add it to the screen used by that project.
You will need to be a Jira administrator to add the custom field.
Yeah, I started that, but there just has to be a better way than copy-pasting each option individually...
Again, there just has to be a faster way than copy-pasting 196 items...
You could use a Marketplace app for External fields to pull the values from an XML file or a database, etc.
Come on, really? Why is there not a Country field built-in?! Why should I have to pay for an app I'll only ever use once?
While I have not attempted here is an article about using CSV import, as well as addon recommendations. I expect there are limitations but worth a try.
In fact I’m having a conversation with another gentleman here that might validate this process. in that thread I suggest a method of using a dummy project as part of the solution.
Per dummy project comment below; that would be best if you have one of course!
messy, but it works. thanks for posting the instructions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.