I have performed the migration from Insight Cloud to Insight in Jira Service Management, as described within this documentation. At the bottom of that documentation there's a blurb that states:
If you would like to run automation at some future point, to transfer the values from your old Asset type configuration field to your new Insight object custom field, you should ensure that your request type contains both fields.
I have created my custom Insight object fields and added them to the layout of my request types. Now I'm trying to determine if it's possible to automate copying the object values from the previous "Linked assets" field into my new custom Insight object fields. I've previously used the answers from this community question to populate the "Linked assets" field, but that requires already knowing the Insight Cloud object value that I wanted to use. Those values are also formatted as com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight/####_##, and seemingly not usable within the new Insight object fields.
I've tried using the Edit issue action and the additional fields option like so:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_XXXXX": "{{issue.customfield_YYYYY.value}}"
}
}But that fails with an error that the data was not an array.
From my testing it appears the new Insight object fields work better with smart values as you're able to pull the attrribute values from a JSM Insight object. Which leads me to believe if I can pull an attribute value from an Insight Cloud app object, I would be able to use that value to populate the new custom Insight object field. For the life of me I haven't been able to figure out how to do that, and at this point it doesn't seem possible to do, and so I've hit a wall.
Has anyone managed to transfer this data between fields? Is it not possible yet? Am I way overthinking this and there's an easier way?