Hi All,
Currently the scope options for Automation Rules in Jira is:
- Single Project
- Multiple Projects
- Project Type
- All Projects
If you have multiple rules that you want to run for a subset of projects then these options don't really work well.
Currently I use Multiple Projects and add the project to every rule every time we create a project in our team, but this is a pain.
Single project obviously won't work. I don't want the rules applied to all projects and project type is too coarse in granularity and doesn't map directly to the relevant subset of projects that I want to use.
What will work is using project category, as I can set up a project category and use this category for my set of projects. Unfortunately, project category is not available when setting the scope option for automation rules.
So my questions:
- Are there any plans to add project category as a scope option for automation rules?
- Apart from my current approach or setting all my rules to run for all project and then having conditional processing against the project category smart value (not very efficient and will chew through the rules execution count), can anyone suggest a better way for running a set of rules against a set of projects?
Thanks in advance
MA