Hello! Not sure how to request this specifically, but I'm looking for some help with a specific Automation challenge I have. I've searched community, the documentation, etc and been unable to find a working solution. Here is what I am trying to do (√ next to steps I know and have working):
- √ TRIGGER: When the value of a specific field changes (release type selector)
- CREATE VARIABLE:
- Variable Name: smartReleaseStart
- Smart Value: {{issue.fields["Release Start"]}}
- CONDITION: If: Some JQL issues match
- Related issues: JQL issues
- Related issues JQL: ("Release Start[Time stamp]" is not EMPTY) (THIS VALIDATES PROPERLY)
- Condition: Some match specified JQL
- Matching JQL: {{smartReleaseStart}}
- (√) ACTION: And: Add comment to issue - "Passed"
So I recognize that I can't use Smart Values in Related Issue Condition, but I wanted to highlight what I'm looking to do. My automation summary statement of success is the following:
"If a ticket is created as a certain release type, if there are any other issues of the same release type that have "Release Start" occurring on the same date as the newly created issue, Send a message to a channel".
Right now for this test I just want to get it to create a comment on the trigger issue, I can do all the other connections no problem, but I don't know how to compare date values (I'd love to have other variables that I can tune with later like +/- 2 hours of "Release Start" but for now I think just if it "detects another Release of the same type occurring on the same day, notify the team" is my MVP success criteria.
Thanks in advance for your help!