Hi all
Issue: I’ve been getting reports over the last few weeks that some users can’t access Jira or Confluence in Chrome. This could happen at login or when already logged in and navigating. The issue doesn’t affect all users at the same time but appears to move around. We use Jira/Confluence Cloud
Chrome Version: Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional information:
Some users are WFH over VPN. Both WFH and office based are affected.
Sometimes we get the JavaScript load Error so I tried the advice given here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/JavaScript-Load-Error/qaq-p/1676158
I went through the steps here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/browser-troubleshooting-guide-330796533.html#BrowserTroubleshootingGuide-Particularitiesofspecificbrowsers
I explicitly whitelisted atlassian.com, atlassian .net and atl-paas.net (the latter was one of the errors thrown)
The issue remains in incognito mode.
Yesterday, while I had the issue I noticed that not only could I not access ourdomain.atlassian.net but I couldn’t access any Atlassian.com page in Chrome. No error, just didn’t load. On this occasion closing and reopening Chrome (without clearing cache) worked.
The issue is both random and intermittent in that it doesn’t affect everyone at the same time. It hasn’t occurred in Firefox. I haven’t tried any other browser.
Workarounds found: I found 2 workarounds. 1. Clear cache, close and reopen Chrome and login or 2. Use Firefox which doesn’t seem to have the issue.
Any assistance in nailing this down would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Steve