Hello there,
I am currently having my own structure of issues which looks like above:
|-Epic
|--- Level 1 (type of story)
|------ Level 2 (type of subtask)
What I wish to do, is to update the start and due dates at level 1 based on the dates of level 2 subtasks.
More specifically, I wish to have as start date at level 1 the earliest start date of subtasks at level 2, and as due date at level 1 the latest due date of subtasks at level 2.
Is this something doable?
In addition, would the change be huge if in a next step I would like to do the same in the level of an epic using the dates of level 1 tasks?
I have already read this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira-Automation-Parent-issue-due-date-based-on-children-issues/qaq-p/1592692 but I cannot say it was clear enough to me, since I am new at automation.
Note: I am using the cloud version