I am trying to create an automation and am running into a roadblock that regularly pops up. I need to be able to address issues that are two steps away from the trigger issue.
Example:
I have an automation that runs on a schedule and clones all issues with a specific combination of fields. I'm essentially using this to create recurring tasks. This automation works.
I am trying to create a second automation that is triggered when any task is created.
These are the steps it should follow:
* When an issue is created
* If that issue has a linked issue of type "recurs"
* For each of those linked issues of type "recurs"
* Check if sub-tasks are present
* For each sub-task present
* Clone the sub-task as a new task and parent it to the trigger issue
Jira Automation will not allow me to run a second "for each" within the first.
In the attached screenshot, you'll see what I can do on the left and what I want to do on the right.
For more context, I didn't clone the sub-tasks in the initial automation for similar reasons. Since I am running a JQL query on a schedule in the first automation, I was unable to configure the automation to find the sub-tasks of one issue at a time the way I could have if it were a manual trigger.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
