Hi, I'm a first time user that has been trying to setup a easy to use knowledgebase for my employees for a few years now with now luck.
My question is this. I am starting to setup Confluence with 4 team groups and any shared resources like, Software, Contacts, Equipment Manuals, and the like get their own space. Then I plan to use labels so that, for example, software manuals and guides only specific to my design group have both labels "software" and "design" and use some macros like the content by label to add these within the team groups.
My thought is if an employee wants to find something specific to their job and it is a software question, they should be able to find it searching in the software space or their team space.
It is either I do that or have repeated parent pages in each team group. For instance, Equipment, Software, and Contacts would be a parent page in each team group. But then for stuff like common software used by all like anything Windows Microsoft Office, etc, is either duplicated multiple places or out by itself.
Any advice on what is easier for the user to navigate?
To summarize, I plan on setting up 4 team groups and then will either:
- Setup separate Subject spaces, for things like software, equipment, and contacts
- Then use macros in the team spaces for the subjects that are specific to a team by using labels. So for example, any software that only my design group uses, is linked in a content by label that has both Software AND Design labels
- Setup parent pages for Software equipment and contacts in each department by duplicate parent pages in each team space.
- Not sure what to do with software that everyone uses then. Duplicate those guides in every team...
Thanks in advance,
-Overthinking Engineer