Hey community,
I'm currently trying to improve a Project Management Workflow on Confluence workspace.
We already have several states, approvals conditions, and transitions.
My goal is to find a way to send reminders automatically after a certain amount of time.
1) First Idea : Use Intermediate states
- I tried using intermediate states with due dates.
So typically, if you are on State A and you reach the due date, you send a reminder and move to state B. If you reach the duedate for state B, you send a reminder then go back to state A.
However this solution add complexity (Double amount of states + increase the number of transitions) to current workflow and can quickly be source of instabilities and issues.
2) Second Idea : Use two tasks within a state
- The idea is to create 2 tasks when we reach a state, with duedates, and jump from one task to another when we reach due dates.
However, it seems impossible to reset the state of a task on trigger.
3) Third Idea : Task creation on triggers
- The idea here is to first set up a due date for each state. Then call the state expiry trigger to create a task, with a due date.
However, I can't find a way to create a task only if the trigger is called..
4) Fourth Idea : Develop a tailored PlugIn
- Using JAVA API
Complex solution which can lead to some issues and instability in the process.
I've been digging the documentation for several days but still can't find a way.. I know that the tool is not clearly made for that kind of functionality but maybe we could make it 
If you have any ideas/tricks let me know !
Thanks in advance,
Bapt