Hi there,
I've found the following guide: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-confluence-wiki-markup/ explaining how to manage markup and markdown syntax.
I've followed the instructions in the guid, as follow:
Choose Insert > Markup.
Select Markdown.
However I can't find the Markup in the list of options.
What am I missing?
Thank you
Giulio
Hi @Giulio Orombelli ,
welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I think the instructions are applicable only for the legacy editor. The new editor handles this differently, see here.
Hi Hana,
is there a way to use the legacy editor? It isn't clear to me how to handle in the new editor.
Sounds that there is no way.
G
according to this question maybe you can ask Atlassian support, but I think it would be only temporary. Someday all the users will have to use the new editor.
In the provided help you can see, which characters should be used to format some text, for example if you write *my text*, this text is immediately transformed to my text, **my text** to my text...
Go to the marketplace and try one of the markdown addons - you have a few options to choose from.
@Giulio Orombelli @James Dellow
I'm using the new editor, and would still like to paste some Confluence Wiki Markup, as described in a section of OP's link:
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-confluence-wiki-markup/#Tables
How do I achieve this in the new editor? Here's what I've tried, to no avail:
* press the + button and search for the following: "markup", "markdown", "wiki"
* paste the table directly into the editor
* dig up a page that used the old editor, copy it, then use the + button to add Markup - however, it only supports wiki markup, and the table yielded a broken macro.
* read the linked article about keyboard shortcuts, only to find no mention of how to do what I'm trying to do
* open the Editing Keyboard Shortcuts, only to find no indication of how to add Confluence Wiki Markup
Just to be 100% clear, I am not interested in the logistics of how to get to a plugin/macro/etc using the old or the new editor. I just want to know how to paste Confluence Wiki Markup and have it be rendered as I would expect per this article describing Confluence Wiki Markup syntax: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-confluence-wiki-markup
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.