Hi All,
I've been working on automation incrementing story points of parent issues when child issues have story point changes. This is generally going well apart from the following use case:
- Child issue has a story point value
- Child is edited to have no story points
All the other scenarios are working fine, I am calculating the delta of story points on the child and adding/removing story points from the parent accordingly.
The stumbling block is around a couple of smart values which I'll share my audit log actions below:
- From/Old Story Points = '{{changelog.Story Points.fromString|0}}'
- To/New SP = '{{changelog.Story Points.toString|0}}'
If the reverse scenario occurs (start with no story points and edit to have a value). Old story points is accurately logged as 0 and the New story points is also accurate.
In the problematic scenario the To/New SP is coming back as a blank (showing as '' in the log).
I guess I can set up a new if/else block for when the New SP is blank and override it with a new "0" variable. However I can't work out why fromString is working fine with the "|0" which should be doing just that when toString is falling over.
Any advice help welcome!
Thanks
Lewis