Hi all,
I would like to administer the users from my account by only assigning the users to the groups. But apparently I cannot longer associate a specific jira project to a group.
I have googled this and found the steps given on this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/assign-group-access-to-a-project-role-938847040.html but these steps does not work, already failing on step 1:
Thanks for your support in advance.
The link you provided is for Server and it appears you are in cloud. You might read this article on permissions- how-do-jira-permissions-work
you can create groups and add users to those groups under admin/user management/groups. In projects you can define your permission scheme using groups.
Thanks for your anwer, however I believe that I had administered users via Groups only. I just simply want to associate a group to 1 or many projects. Isnt that possilble?
I don’t know what you mean by associate group to project. If you mean you wish to allow access to the project using a predefined group then in CMP this is done in Permission under Project settings. In TMP you define this under Project settings > Access.
Hi Jack, my goal as main admin from my account is to only manage the users and assigned them in the admin console by adding them to groups.
In the admin console i thought it was possible to create a group and then assign jira projects this group. Is this no longer the case?
I have never seen the ability to assign projects to a group within the admin section in cloud. Maybe this is or was something available in server but I am unfamiliar with that. All project access is done at the individual project level. You can create a permissions scheme and use that same scheme across multiple projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.