Hi @saikarthik.chidem -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You may do this with custom fields and automation, using Lookup Issues and Created Variable. For example, if you wanted to do this for all non-done epics the flow of your rule would be something like this:
Best regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy
I'm trying to do the same thing and was wondering if you could help further?
I get an error when trying to do:
This is my action:
But I get message 'A search during custom value definition found no issues'
And secondly, do you know what the math expression would be? I am using this one below and I get a success message but no figure gets inserted into the field.
{{#=}}{{StoryPointsCompleted.divide.TotalStoryPoints}}{{/}}
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Isabella
Hi @Isabella Barbour
You may want to consider posting your own question (and linking to other posts) in the future. That will make the post visible to more people. Thanks!
Would you please post an image of your audit log, expanding the Show More section? That may provide more details of what is happening.
And, what is the JQL you are using in the scheduled trigger?
Okay, on to your specific questions...
For the error you are seeing for lookup issues, what type of project are you using: company-managed or team-managed? If this is team-managed, please test with "parent" rather than "Epic Link".
Regarding your expression with the created variables, those need to be converted to numbers first. And, the divide() function appears to do integer math, so try this instead:
{{#=}} {{StoryPointsCompleted.asNumber}} / {{TotalStoryPoints.asNumber}} {{/}}
This is just the division of the values. If you wanted a percentage, add a multiplier by 100
{{#=}} {{StoryPointsCompleted.asNumber}} / {{TotalStoryPoints.asNumber}} * 100 {{/}}
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy ,
Thanks very much for your reply. I will definitely post separately in the future.
I'm in a company managed project. Here is a snap of my audit log:
The JQL for the schedule trigger is:
issuetype = Epic AND status not in ("Done")
Despite this ( 'A search during custom value definition found no issues') all the fields seems to be updating correctly. It looks like "Epic Link" = {{issue.key}} AND status = Done is the problem. But not 100% sure. I use this same lookup to get the story points completed sum in another rule I use, I get the same message but it is summing correctly.
The maths expression worked and I was able to add FLOOR to get the percentage to round down.
Kind regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.