I created a rule to heritage Priority Levels of User Story's to related sub-tasks. It failed and I dont understood why. Please find the details below, fail log and rule itself.
If you look at the above automation.
This is used to copy the priority from Parent(Story) to Sub-task.
You can set the default value for the priority in the actions.
Thanks
Does your edit section look like this? If you choose copy from parent, it should work
Hi @Efe Işıkyüzlü
is my understanding correct that it is not yet working for you?
In a team-managed project (I seem to have recognized you are using a tem-managed project) I was able to reproduce this problem - it looks like a timing-related issue and finally it was made working by the following fule (a re-fetch was brought in).
For completeness (as there seem to be several possibilities) the "Edit issue fields" action looks the following:
Regards,Daniel
@Tansu Akdeniz benzer bir konuda cevap bulduğunuzu gördüm, müsaitliğiniz olur da bakabilirseniz sevinirim
Hi @Efe Işıkyüzlü ,
according to the above screenshot.
You need to specify the field values
first of all, thanks for your interest. It said that i need to fill it with a string but its a chosen value from drop-down list. How can I specify it?
Do you wish to copy the priority values from Story to "Sub-task" or something else.
Can you please provide more inputs?
I aimed that: When i create a sub-task in a story or bug (via "Add a child issue button" etc.), this sub-task's priority level should be same with its parent's priority level. In default, system assign medium level to them, i try to ease my team's effort on re-adjusting it.
hi again, my aim is copy the priority from parent(story) to sub-task also. Default value is medium but i want like that: if i create a sub-task in a Highest level story, this sub-task should have highest in default.
Yes, The above-mentioned screenshot is the same.
adding the three steps below
Which copies the "Priority" from Story to Sub-task.
Could you understand why it failed then? What can I do to run it successfully?
my edit section look exactly same with it. Could you run this rule in your environment? Does it success?
It does indeed work without any issues
an error occured in mine. i did same things (you may see in main question) but couldnt success
Yes, this completely solved my problem, thank you very much.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.