Hi All ,
have a request to create a portal group for Onboarding and off boarding for specific groups of users which can view and submitted the request not sure if anyone have that experience
Hi @Gary Quay ,
You can limit viewing and submitting tickets by using permission scheme and issue level security. I'm not sure if you need to use JSM for your current purpose. You may just use Jira work management since you are limiting to a set of Jira members. Usually, JSM is use to server company wide like IT, Helpdesk, etc.
Hope this helps.
thanks ben , as I am quite new to JSM . Do you actually have any link or guides I can mirror to ?
Yes.
There's a full documentation located on Atlassian website and has a table of contents to sift through to what you are looking for. Even though its quite amount of reading material. I find it quite helpful to read through the entire documentation and work through the features and examples.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/resources/
Hi @Gary Quay
adding to what Benjamin said there is currently no option to assign permissions to a portal group but (like Benjamin explained) to a project via Permission Schemes and Issue Security.
There has been a similar thread last year which explains it a bit more in detail:
Regards,Daniel
Hi! did you solved this? I have a similar issue and even if the feature is not added (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-195) I need to restrict the request type without assigning a license to the user.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.