I have a user who is a Project Admin and has created a board for the project. He wants to hide cover images but does not see that option. He was following this Q&A:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-not-show-thumbnail-images-in-Board-view-of-a/qaq-p/1349453
Does he need to be more than project admin to do this?
Note the specific behavior he sees is that when a user creates an issue and attaches an image it becomes a cover image in the card and makes it hard to read. He can turn off the cover for cards, one-by-one, but that is tedious.
So the Post that you showed a link for is actually for server/data center not cloud. Now I have never seen an image applied to a card. Is this by chance a TMP project? The reason I ask is I wonder if a new feature is being applied that I’m not yet familiar with. Can you show a screenshot of what is being seen?
Hi @Jack Brickey - thanks for the reply. Yes, we use the cloud version, but the link was pointing to server version. This is not a TMP project (though I'm not exactly sure what that is!). I cannot capture an image at this point, because...
The user figured out that the option to Hide Cover Images only appears when a cover image is actually showning on a card. So, that seems a broken UI. He has hidden the images now, so I can't capture an example.
The option to hide cover images only shows up when at least one card is showing a cover image. I consider it a defect in the UI.
if you believe there is a bug please report to Atlassian Support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.