I am looking for a way to link a mentioned Confluence page (either in the description or in a comment) to a JIRA issue automatically. But I wasn't really able to figure out a way so far. Is it even possible?
Hi @Lars Böhnke, If you refer to creating links automatically in a Jira issue based on hard-coded Confluence links placed in a Jira description or comment fields, you can't have that out of the box. Unless you've got no other option whatsoever, I wouldn't recommend spending time finding a way to make it happened, which you can undoubtedly do through scripting. I would invest energy in educating users to get the most out of the link feature. Using hard-coding links may break in the future if you update, move it, etc. I know it's not exactly the answer you're looking for, but I hope it helps to get you some insights on that.
Hi @Lars Böhnke , if you add Jira link on a Confluence page, it will link the two automatically
No, the other way around
Hey @Lars Böhnke
You can view your Confluence page in your Jira project when using an addon like C4J that extends the basic functionality and presents Confluence content directly in a Jira issue and seamlessly integrate Confluence into Jira. See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222263/c4j-content-display-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
Hi @Yuval Gershfeld
When recommending a marketplace vendor product, please ensure that you disclosure your affiliation to that vendor in your post wording. For more information about this, please see:
Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723
Best regards,Bill
Hey @Bill Sheboy
Thank you for sharing this information!
I’ll make sure to mention my affiliation and follow the Atlassian community guidelines in my future posts.
Kind regards,
Yuval
@Lars Böhnke did you ever find a way of displaying the issues linked from Jira?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.