After an issue is created, I'm unable to change to a different user. The only option to change to is Anonymous. Am I doing something wrong?
Hello @Kyle Johnson,
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
In order to select another customer as the reporter of an issue, there are two settings that need to be checked.
The first one is the “Browse users and groups” global permissions. Please, go to Cog icon > System > Global permissions and check if the groups you are part of have this permission.
Then, go to the Project settings > Customer permissions (company-managed) or Project settings > Channels > Customer permissions (team-managed) and check if the “Customer sharing” is set to “Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations”.
Note that, it’s necessary to type the customer’s name or email and it’s only possible to search for existing customers. If you need to add a new customer, it will be necessary to invite them to the project first.
Kind regards,Angélica
Well I tried that and it didn't seem to change anything. I've attached pictures for you to see.
Thank you for testing, @Kyle Johnson.
When you search for the customer on the Reporter field, if the customer exists on the site and have permission on the project, they should appear:
Have you also changed the Customer sharing” to “Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations”?
@Angélica LuzI wish mine looked like that!
As you can see from the screenshots, Cody is a customer, but I still cannot change the reporter to him after the ticket is created. It's any user, I'm just using him as an example.
I also changed that Customer Sharing setting as well.
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
Hello @Todd Green,
Welcome to Community!
When accessing the Global permissions, it should show these details:
Are the Global permissions empty?
If there are no details about the Browse users and groups, it will be necessary to set it to Public (so it will unlock the ability for you to set it to the admin groups). No worries in setting this to Public because it’s just for a few moments and it won’t make your site public.
At the bottom of the page, select the permission Browse users and groups and set to Public. After that, refresh the page and follow the same steps, but select administrators, site-admins and any other group you need. Then, delete the permission for “Public”.
Regarding the Project settings, it can be found on the left sidebar when you access a project. It’s only available for Project administrators.
How does this work when you CLONE and issue.. The person who clones is different than the originator of the ticket.. how do I get the NEW CLONED ticket to have the person that cloned it as the REPORTER - I do not want the original ticket creator as the reporter..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.