I'm working in a project that has the permission "Resolve Issues" given to "Application access (Any logged in user)". When I open up an issue I don't see the "Fix Version" field, nor the option to edit it anywhere. How can I get the "Fix Version" (aka. Release Version) shown for all issues in the project, so that I can assign issues to releases?
A similar issue is here -- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Adding-issues-to-release/qaq-p/731523 -- but the resolution "I fixed it. It was not listed on the edit screen." doesn't have enough details to be useful.
I was able to resolve the issue by doing the following:
Make sure you enabled the releases feature in your project as explained here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-releases-and-versions/
Seems the UI has changed. There is no more "pencil icon" (also not almost hidden). We are stuck now, unable to add "fixVersion" to a new issue type (we could add it other custom issue types in the past).We do have a Team managed project. I thought the "Screens" thing is a Company managed setting. The field management in Company managed projects is an atrocity. Never understood all the Schema stuff and menus. We switched to the now called "Team managed" project type at a time when this was promoted as the new project type and that the old one would be deprecated at some point. Then they did a roll back, leaving us with "Team managed" projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.