I am trying to create an automation that will clone an issue and update the due date to a specific date depending on input from two custom fields.
For example, the user may choose to clone the task monthly on the 3rd of the month.
They may also choose to clone the task annually on the 15th of the month.
I have one custom field for choosing the frequency of the clone.
I have a second custom field for choosing which day of the month the task should be due.
Both custom fields are single choice select lists.
If I use the smart value {{issue.Due Day.value}}, I get the chosen result which is an integer between 1 and 30.
How do I use that value to drive another smart value?
For example if I type {{issue.created.withDayOfMonth(1)}} into the value for Due date, it will change to the first of the current month.
But {{issue.created.withDayOfMonth(Due Day)}} does nothing.
I've tried formatting it a few ways, but think I must be going down the wrong path.
Perhaps I can append values in the Additional fields section?