Hi all,
We have a documentation team that is looking to automate the creation of some subtasks for documentation work related to product development.
In our current process, we have a single parent ticket (likely a story, but could be a task) for a documentation work item. When that parent ticket transitions to Review status, we have an automation rule to create 3 review subtasks: SME review, Peer review, and QE review. This rule works well. However, with this team's process, QE review cannot occur until after Peer review is complete. Therefore, we are hoping to create another automation rule that will set field Ready to value True on the QE review task when the Peer review task is transitioned to Closed (to indicate to QE that they can perform their review). We need this to be dynamic (and not tied to a specific issue key), and I have been unable to find a way to execute this action via automation rules. Do you know if there is an automation rule that can accomplish this?
If not, do you have an idea for a workaround? The only one I was thinking is that in the first rule, I could create only 2 review subtasks: SME review and Peer review. Then, when Peer review closed, theoretically I could create another subtask for QE review. Would that be a viable possibility?
Thanks!