Hi
Can anybody help me?
I'm trying to set up an automation rule which divides one field by another and populates a third field with the result. It's failing, saying that the first field isn't numerical 'CoD - 10081'.
Hi @Lucy Cookney
To perform that math operation on your CoD (Cost of Delay) to determine WSJF (weighted shortest job first), you need to use math operators:
{{#=}}{{issue.customField_10081}} / {{issue.customField_10024}}{{/}}
or
{{issue.customField_10081.divide(issue.customField_10024)}}
Please look here for more information:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-math-expressions/
Best regards,Bill
Thank you everyone for the help. I have now amended my rule to the below. Feel free to suggest anything better but this appears to work 😁
Hi Lucy,
What type of field is CoD? Cheers!
Can you share a screen shot of the list of custom fields where it shows the field type?
Also, can you show the error message in the audit log that you are receiving?
Do either of the fields contain a value of 0
Hi @Bill Sheboy
Thanks for the reply.
The second option appears to be accepted...but it's not populating the WSJF field.
I have the success message:
But the field is blank:
Thanks
Lucy
Hi @Joshua Sneed Contegix
It is a custom number field.
Hi @John Funk
Number fields:
I was getting this error message:
However, I am now using the expression:
This is showing as successful but the WSFJ field isn't populating:
Which field is 10081 and which field is 10024?
And can you share the rule that shows where you are updating the field with the formula?
10081 is CoD and 10024 is Story Points
Oh that's strange, I've switched the numbers around to:
{{issue.customField_10024.divide(issue.customField_10081)}}
It's populating the field but with the incorrect answer:
Okay...connecting my questions together where I believe John was heading:
You are showing the field names on the issue view, and have you confirmed how those match to the custom field IDs you are using in the calculation?
Let's try this:
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.