I do not know how you are supposed to specify what object you are changing the attributes on. It makes no sense why it would give an attribute to set but no object to specify. Any thoughts?
Hi Tristan, with the introduction of Insight Cloud into JSM Automation, there are now two classes of rules:
The new "Edit Object" action only works in the first class of rules. A typical rule is to set a default status for an object, eg.
Object-based rules use {{object}} - except within branches, which will introduce an {{issue}} smart value to work with. You can change between the rule classes pretty easily by changing the trigger.
I do bulk updates of objects by adding "Action" and "Result" free-text attributes to object types then using this rule:
Then I just need to do a bulk update of objects and set Action attribute to "Update user details" to trigger an update of user objects from Okta.
Tip: If you can't see the object-based actions, you're probably in the Project Automation Administration page. All object-based rules must be global, so you have to go to the Global Administration page to add object-based rules and actions.
(Edit: fixed a logic error in the automation above)
Thank you, that explains it perfectly.
Hi @Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH) ,
Just a follow-up question here, do you know if it is possible to apply Edit Object action on a specific object other than the object triggering the rule? I mean either by selecting it manually or resulting from an IQL query.
Thanks. I appreciate your help.
@Amr Hamza (Legacy)No, not yet. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10023
I have posted a kind-of workaround at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10002 - this can help in some cases,
Hi, this discussion helped me a few years back to solve my problem. But now I try to solve something similar and now I can see, that the Edit Assets field attributes action is not available anymore. Is there something that I can use for the issue-based rule?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.