Hi all, I have done some searches here at the Atlassian Community forum and I did find some questions similar to this one, but they have answered a long time ago (more than 6 years back), and on top of that, the solutions that were described were not useful to me.
So, I am basically trying to change the "Assignee" field from mandatory to optional, but I don't know how to do it. I need to do that because I am using X-Ray(Test Management Tool for JIRA) and I'm trying to make the "Sub-Test Execution" button to become visible.
I have spoken to the X-Ray's customer support guys and they told me the following:
"You do not see the "Create Sub Test Execution" button because you have the Assignee Field set as Required. However, if you define it as Optional, you'll be able to see the button.
This problem is really a limitation from Jira that does not allow us to connect that button's action to the screen of creating a Sub Test Execution when Required Fields are checked.
Currently, you can't make the Assignee a Required with field configurations. Your only option is to use some validators in the workflow. Can you please ask your Jira Admin to check the workflows? Either that or you can, or you can be using another plugin to achieve this, like JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows.
"
I tried to play around with the workflow transitions validators, but it seems there is no way to make a required field become optional, I just can create a validation to make sure that a required was filled.
Any ideas on how to solve it?
Thanks in advance!