Scenario:User changes `Functional Team` to `A`.Automation changes `Team` to `A`.I'm trying to figure out a way to reference a custom field in the Advanced Field Editing options.This is what I've tried so far:{ "fields": { "customfield_12000": { "title": "{{customfield_11701.value}}" } }}Is there a way to change a default field based on a change in a custom field using Advanced Options?Thank you!
There is no way to update the "Teams" field that appears in Advanced Roadmaps by using Automation at this moment.
This page discusses Advanced Editing in the Automation feature, including referencing custom fields.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-field-editing-json/
Thank you for responding! That's the link I'm referencing. I couldn't find how to reference another field, hence my pseudo-code.
First, I think the trigger for your rule is incorrect.
You scenario says "User changes 'Team' to 'A'" and then Automation changes field 'Functional Team'.
Your trigger needs to be When Value Changes for Team.
Second, what types of fields are this; single selection list, text fields, ...?
Per the documentation, you can reference a custom field by its name or its ID:
But the code to set field 'Functional Team' to match the value of field 'Team' may be different depending on the types of these two fields.
First, I think the trigger for your rule is incorrect.The image is correct. My comment was incorrect. I edited my original post for accuracy. Thank you for pointing that out!Second, what types of fields are this; single selection list, text fields, ...?Functional Team: Select List (single choice)Team: TeamTeam is a locked default field from Jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.