Hello.
I would like to keep track of which Epics have related issues which are in the current Sprint.
It seems that this is impossible to achieve with OOB JQL (I would not like to use any add-on). I'm aiming to implement a clean solution.
Most likely I will need to implement a custom field that stores a boolean (issues in current Sprint or not) and add it to the Field Scheme which I map to Epics, and then filter on that custom field.
The Automations feature seems to come close to being able to achieve automatic updating of the aforementioned custom field by something like triggering an automation when a sprint starts, but this does not create any trigger issue. This must be achieved with a Branch Rule for "Issues in current Sprint", but there is then no way to operate on the parent Epics of those issues.
Any ideas on how to implement this with the standard Jira software?