What we need to see is story point changes over time. The idea is as a story goes through refinement the points will change; at least until it is assigned into a sprint. We need to illustrate the nature of the complexity changes to our clients. This was if we start by saying this is a 12 sprint project and now its a 14 sprint project we can clearly and easily identify where the complexity increase came from.Right now the only approach I can think of is to export the JSON payload that is used to form the graph but that is going to be problematic at best.
Hello @Michael Sole
I don't think there is a built in method for exporting that information.
You could look at third party apps in the Marketplace that might provide that specific functionality or the more general functionality of being able to export issue history data, which would show the changes to the Story Points field. Or you could use the REST API and develop your own code to get the history data.
This post talks about both of those options.
There isn't a built in method for sure, I'd like to find an inexpensive plugin that does it but none seem to show history.
As mentioned in the post I linked, this app does export issue history
Better PDF Exporter for Jira
And this one
Advanced Export
Issue History
I have not used any of these, and can't attest to their quality.
I missed that link, it was very unobtrusive. Let me check those out. Thanks for your help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.