Hello
I am working on a project for which we would like to grant public access to a few Confluence-spaces (viewing permission for the anonymous user). Therefore, I suggested the approach described on the following page Make a space public | Confluence Cloud | Atlassian Support. According to that page, the following steps would need to be taken:
- Confluence Admin grants global public access for anonymous users for the entire site.
- The space admin then manually grants public access by giving the permissions to the anonymous user he wants to grant.
However, our Confluence administrator is not happy with this approach. He claims, if he provides site-wide viewing permission to anonymous users, all spaces (we have a lot) will automatically be switched to settings which will make them public, and each space would have to be manually checked and their settings adjusted.
So here is my question: If the Confluence admin grants global permissions for anonymous users, are they automatically applied to all spaces, meaning that they then are already plublic and reviewable be random people?
As I understand it, the permissions set by the Confluence admins are only a necessary requirement for the space admin to grant these rights - however, the space admin would always still have to explicitly grant the permissions on top of the Confluence admin.
I am thankful for any help on this!
Thanks a lot in advance and best
Gabriel