Hi Atlassian community
I'm having an issue with the field Request Type.
In our Jira Service Management we use several workflow, issue type and request type.
Sometimes, customers don't use the right request type so we (agent) have to move the ticket to another issue type. This operation can erase the request type because we are using a different issue type . So we have to manually affect a new request type. That's okay but sometimes we forget to reaffect the request type and that's a problem for the reporting at the end.
So, i tried to add a validator to my workflow to make Request Type required to sold the isssue.
Test 1 : From Jira (not from customer portal) i create an issue with no request type, the validator is blocking the transition--> Fine.
Test 2 : create an issue from the customer portal -> a request type is affected. Then i move the issue to another issue type -> the request type is now blank. I do the transition : the validator didn't stop me.
I think in back office the request type field has a value (the one from the creation) so the validor doesn't stop the transition. But in front office Jira doesn't show me the value because it's not a value affected to the current issue type. I wish that validator stop the transition and the agent apply a correct value to the request type field.
Someone have a tips for me ? 
Kind Regards
Ianis