Everything worked yesterday. We have a ticket on a customer portal so that people can report a problem. Today when we tried to use a ticket it won't allow us to create it. We are getting an error message 'couldn't send request. Your request could not be created. Please check the field have been correctly filled in'. We have not changed the ticket, we double-checked that all mandatory fields are completed, we also tried to remove and add re-create the ticket, we have not changed the issue type or workflow, portal groups are correct. All people on the web can raise requests so customer permissions have not been changed. We tested other ticket and they seem to be working. So why this is happening? Any ideas on resolution pretty please ? I hope I won't have to create a new project as suggested here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/URGENT-Why-Jira-ticket-won-t-work/qaq-p/1719813#M80065
@Maggie -
Hi Maggie:
Based on your description, it seems that the specific issue/ticket is corrupted. Can you access the ticket in the project UI and not from the portal?
More information will be needed for me to provide more analysis. Lastly, the link URL you included is a link to your current ask and not the suggested workaround.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Yes I can access the ticket in the project UI, but when I 'create' a new ticket for that specific issue it won't let me either. There is an error showing 'We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.And if that means that this specific ticket is indeed corrupted what can I do to fix this?
What do you by "create a new ticket for that specific issue"? Are you stating that you have unique Request Type associated to a specific Issue Type for your JSM project?
If so, you should look into 3 areas in your project:
1) Check your automations to determine if there are any automations that may impacting your ticket submission from the portal for the given issue type.
2) Check your project's WF setup by looking at the initial transition to see if there are any Validator/Post Functions calls that may impacting the issue creation process. (I am assuming that you also have a different WF for your issue type).
3) Check the fields in your Request Type form for their data types comparing what you are entering in via your JSM portal.
I look forward to your findings.
Best, Joseph
Hi Joseph
Yes, we have various request types for that project, they are all associate with a unique issue and have a separate workflowAutomations - they are the same on all projects I think (default)When an issue is created → automatically assign using balanced workloadResolve issue due to inactivityWhen customers comment in a closed request then reopen the requestSet organization using reporter's email domainWhen SLA threshold is about to breach → then add comment to notify assigneeWhen a comment is added → update the statusPrompt customer for comments
I checked the workflow there is not any validators or post functions (nothing was changed on the workflow, as mentioned in my original query everything was working a day before)The data we use to update the fields are correct. Except for a summary, there is only a description box which allows user to insert free format text, other boxes have the drop down menu with prepopultaed options. Only the attachment isn't mandatory.Sorry I am not a JMS specialist: is there a check that we can run to check for potential errors?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.